Shape Up Saturday Series: Granola/Energy Bar Recipe; 21 DF Approved!12:00 AM
Nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup chopped raw pecans (or walnuts or cashews)
⅓ cup chia seeds
¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
¼ cup ground flax seeds
¼ cup unsweetened dried raisins
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ cup raw honey
¼ cup sunflower seed butter
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Cook coconut, pecans, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until toasted.
4. Place coconut mixture, flax seeds, raisins, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
5. Add honey and sunflower seed butter; mix well.
6. Place mixture in prepared pan. Press down hard to pack mixture evenly in pan. (Packing the mixture will prevent the bars from crumbling.)
7. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Cool bars completely before cutting.
8. Lift parchment paper from pan; cut into 12 bars.